WOLELA Terms and Conditions 2018
- WOLELA is not rendering legal or psychological services. If expert assistance is required, the services of a competent professional should be sought.
- As a WOLELA member you will receive a wide range of benefits which depend on your particular package.
- We reserve the right to change the benefits that apply to WOLELA membership from time to time. Please trust we will strive to ensure ever-increasing value for our members as we develop WOLELA.
B. The Membership Contract
- Membership Rates: see our website for current membership fees
- Basic (Annual or Monthly Option)
- Premium (Annual or Monthly Option)
- Mentorship (Annual or Monthly)
- When you submit your application online or manually, you are making an offer to subscribe to WOLELA which, if accepted by us, will result in a legally binding contract.
- By renewing your membership, you agree to the continued acceptance of this contract which is evidenced by your renewal payment.
C. Refund & Cancellation Policy
- Our refund policy for WOLELA is a 30 day Money Back Guarantee. We are committed to providing the highest level of satisfaction on all of our programs and products, and fully stand behind our programs.
- Annual Members: If you find within 30 days of your registration date that you are not satisfied with the program, you may request a refund of your payment less a R500 administration fee. Please request a refund by emailing email@example.com and your reason for the request. We do not provide refunds to Annual Members after the 30 day period has expired. After that time you are responsible for the full payment of membership for the year.
- Monthly Members: you may cancel your monthly subscription at any time via the Payfast site. Please request a refund by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and your reason for the request. Members may not transfer any of their rights and obligations under these terms and conditions to another person.
- Corporate Memberships (Annual Membership only): In the event that a firm pays for an employee’s WOLELA membership and the employee leaves the employ of the firm, the firm has 2 options:
- where the WOLELA member wishes to continue their membership in their private capacity, membership will continue uninterrupted. It is entirely between the firm and the member whether any agreement needs to be made regarding the fees paid by the firm); or
- where the WOLELA member does not wish to continue their membership in their private capacity, the firm may substitute another employee of their choice, subject to a further administrative fee of R500, payable upon the substitution.
D. Price Information
- Fees displayed on the registration section of the website will prevail at all times in relation to online registration. Fees displayed on an application form will prevail in relation to membership subscriptions placed by email.
- We reserve the right to increase the price of the membership subscription annually. Monthly subscribers will be subject to the annual price increase. Annual subscribers will be subject to the price increase upon the renewal of their Annual membership.If we discover an error in the price of your membership subscription, we will inform you as soon as is reasonably possible.
- Payment methods for Annual Members include EFT, debit card or credit card (via Payfast). If you do make an EFT payment, you are required to send payment notifications to email@example.com as proof.
E. Credit and Debit Card Information
- We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. If you pay monthly, you card details are secured by Payfast, who we believe are a trustworthy payment gateway used by thousands of South African stores.
- You must provide current, complete, and accurate billing and credit card information.
- You must promptly update all billing information (such as billing address, card number, and expiration date) to keep your account current, complete, and accurate, and you must promptly contact us if your credit card is lost or stolen, or if you become aware of a potential breach of account security (such as an unauthorized disclosure or use of your Sign-In Name or Password).
- You hereby authorize the Centre for Integrative Law to obtain or determine updated or replacement expiration dates for your credit card in the event that the credit card you provided us expires.
- We reserve the right to charge any renewal card issued to you to the same extent as the expired card. If payment is not received from your credit card issuer, you hereby agree to pay all amounts due upon demand. You agree to pay all costs of collection, including lawyer’s fees and costs, on any outstanding balance. In certain instances, the issuer of your credit card may charge you a foreign transaction fee or related charges, which you will be responsible to pay. You are advised to check with your bank and credit card issuer for details.
- Members may be invited to events organised by us or our partners. We endeavour only to send you information pertaining to events we feel may be of value to you.
- Our Finding New Ways for Women to Lead in Law Conference and any specific events are subject to separate terms and conditions. Please check these at the time of booking.
G. Updates to Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to make changes to the Website and to these Terms and Conditions from time to time. When we make changes, we will notify you of the new Terms and Conditions.
H. Unilateral Termination of Membership
Under exceptional circumstances the Centre for Integrative Law reserves the right to terminate your membership. If membership is terminated by expulsion no refund of membership subscriptions will be made and any balance due shall remain due and payable. On cancellation taking effect or on other termination the benefits of the membership package will cease and you will not be entitled to the benefit of any part of the package to be provided or fulfilled after the date of cancellation/termination.
All WOLELA members are asked to adhere to a strict policy of confidentiality regarding information or stories shared by other members, whether during the face to face sessions or by any other method. By becoming a member you commit to continuous personal and professional development of yourself and the other WOLELA members. You also commit to contribute towards all WOLELA sessions being a safe space, free from judgment in which women can be vulnerable.
- Visitors to our website may be asked to supply certain personally identifying information, which is then retained by WOLELA and used only to provide you with products or services you have requested, or with additional information from WOLELA about its affiliates or selected outside companies whose products or services we feel may be of use to you.